Position Available: Finance Coordinator
The finance coordinator is a part-time position responsible for the maintenance, storage and reporting of the financial records for the Bulkley Valley Research Centre. The experience and tasks outlined below are to provide a framework for this position but are not exclusive.
• Extensive knowledge of QuickBooks
• Experience with Excel and Word
• Experience with project accounting
• Familiar with office administration
• Ability to work independently
• Highly organized and attention to detail
• Available to spend at least three days a week in the office
• Must be a current Bulkley Valley Research Centre member in good standing
• Support the executive director in drafting centre’s annual budget
• File charity returns annually
• File GST semi-annually
• Pay bills within 30 days of receipt
• Prepare and file T4s annually
• Prepare information required for annual report
• Prepare payroll and remittance monthly
• Receive and deposit payment from funders
• Reconcile bank accounts monthly
• Report and pay WCB annually
• Report project financials to project leaders on a minimum quarterly basis
• Report the financials to the executive director on a quarterly basis
• Track all project budgets
• Report on financial contract obligations
• Process membership dues
This position is available immediately and will remain open until a successful candidate is found. If you are interested, please send a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Bulkley Valley Research Centre awards for research excellence
Each year the Bulkley Valley Research Centre presents awards to those achieving excellence in natural or cultural resources research relevant to BC's northwest region. The Jim Pojar Award recognizes an outstanding article or book published in the past five years. The Irving Fox Award recognizes a lifetime achievement or a major project. Details on the award criteria can be found here.
We encourage nominations from all members. If you have an idea for a nomination but need assistance to prepare a submission, please contact Sybille.Haeussler@unbc.ca (ph. 250-847-6082).
Deadline: Feb. 15, 2015
As a service to our membership we offer the opportunity to receive personal emails regarding new employment, contract or volunteer opportunities. You are automatically signed up as a member.
To be part of this service you must be a member of the Bulkley Valley Research Centre.
Please go to Membership to find out how to become a member.