Date Creek Data Analysis #3
Project Reference Number: 2013-30
Project Status: Complete
Led by: Dave Coates, PhD, Research Silviculturist, Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources, Smithers
Amalesh Dhar, NSERC Industrial R&D Postdoctoral Fellow, Bulkley Valley Research Centre; Erica Lilles, Soil & Vegetation Scientist, Bulkley Valley Research Centre
Funder: Ministry of Forests, Lands & Natural Resource Operations
This project is a continuation of project 2013-17.
The Centre is contracted to:
- Complete establishment of prism plots in three different removal units at Date Creek.
- Complete detailed analysis of stand structure data. Stand structure attributes from the 2013 dataset will be compared to the pre- and post-harvesting datasets (1991 and 1993) and to fixed radius plots established in 2010.
- Prepare two draft journal papers based on stand structure data. First, a methods paper comparing results from prism plots to those of fixed radius plots. Second, stand structure changes over the 20 years post-harvesting.
- Organize and analyze the succession dataset. This involves multiple sampling years.
- Prepare one draft journal paper based on results of analysis of the succession dataset.