Analysis of PSP Data
Project Reference Number: 2014-06
Project Status: Complete
Led by: Dave Coates, PhD, Research Silviculturist, Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resources, Smithers
Amalesh Dhar, NSERC Industrial R&D Postdoctoral Fellow, Bulkley Valley Research Centre; Erica Lilles, Soil & Vegetation Scientist, Bulkley Valley Research Centre; Laura V. Grant, Masters Candidate, UNBC
Funder: Ministry of Forest Lands & Natural Resource Operations
The Bulkley Valley Research Centre will:
- Acquire 2013 PSP datasets and format for analysis.
- Continue to identify other existing datasets that provide information on release dynamics post-MPB attack.
- Match year of red attack from different sources to plot locations to determine most likely year of release.
- Continue analysis of all datasets to determine growth patterns of individual trees and stands prior- and post-red attack by various categories of damage impact.
- All results will be summarized in Excel spreadsheets (graphs and tables). All newly compiled datasets will be provided in Excel. Analysis will b undertaken in R and all R programs will be described and provided. Analysis will be to standard required for journal paper submission.
- Prepare draft methods and results based on data acquisition and analysis using a scientific journal style.